Tuesday, October 30, 2007

the benefits of christian radio....

This morning I was on the phone sharing life's struggles with a friend. We were gushing over mommy issues and all the things that exhaust us. At one point I think I said something along the lines of needing a break or time off. Later, I plopped down on the floor next to Caden as he played with his cars and started chatting with him. I asked him to show Mommy patience because I was grumpy. He looked at me and said, "Yeah, I heard you need a break. " I said "Yeah, I think Mommy could use a little time." He says with complete confidence " Well, I think you need to do your devotions, that would help." I laughed. He then went on, " and I heard on positive 89.3 that moms need time outs and that the MOPS lady on the radio says you should find a big window in your house to watch the sunset or something quiet and nice. I think that would help you." I laughed so hard.....they hear everything and understand so much more than we give them credit for.

No comments: