Thursday, October 25, 2007

the last 48 hours

No likey life right now. I feel like I have a Mommy hangover. Let me explain. Tuesday by 9am I had called poison control. Sofia ate the silica gel pack inside a package of pepperoni. Yes, Pepperoni at 9 am. So don't fret if this happens; non toxic if eaten in small quantities. Well, what the heck is a small quantity because she crunched they whole bleepin thing. AND why, for cryin out loud, do they have "DO NOT EAT" all over the silica pack if it's no big deal?
The rest of the day was somewhat normal. Normal for us anyway. THEN, at the drive through of Micky D's I rolled, tapped, bumped, glided..whatever... into the Blazer in front of me. The man in the blazer whipped his head back and yelled a few choice words which directed the two Mc Donalds employees attention my way. They leaned out the window and just looked at me. I was trying to count my change and somehow just went a little bump into the dude and boy let me tell you...it was not a bump on his Richter scale. And speaking of scales, this dude was definitley on the larger side, I was shocked the vehicle even moved. How embarrassing. I hop out and tell him to pull up to the parking spot, and He said "I am, you didn't have to tell me that." UH-OH right???? As I crawl back to my blue beast, the lady in a car behind me says....I just did the same thing yesterday. I wasn't able to decipher which was more humorous to me; the fact that the lady had been in another drive through the day before as well, or the casual empathy in her voice that led me to think "it must just be a women thing.", or the fact that the man in the blazer waited for his fries before pulling up. All ended well, big scale man got out of his vehicle, looked at the nothing, and said "it's nothing.", got back in his car and drove away. I sat there gathering myself and Caden says "it's OK, you'll live momma. Auntie Ave has gotten into bunches of accidents and shes still driving and healthy." Funny funny.
SOOOO, Wed. we awake to everyone sick. Lots of sickies. Caden was running a temp of 104 constantly all day. Sy was a butterball of flim and Sofia was just Sofia. We watched movies and did the chill on the couch-watch movies and cuddle thing all day. That was nice. I wish we didn't have to have sickies to have those days sometimes. At 2am I wake myself up coughing my brains out. I went to the computer room so I wouldn't wake anyone else and drank my weight in airborne. I checked on Caden and his temp was back and so I gave him meds and then I heard Silas hacking. I went to his crib and the poor bugger was all crusty and have a hard time breathing. I picked him up and tried to do that blue bulb sucky thing. He likes it...how weird is that. He just grins and giggles. Ha. I rocked, I hummed, I shushed, I rubbed, I patted, all to no avail. He moaned and groaned and coughed and wheezed till he finally conked out around 6ish, about the time that Sofia decided to get up for good. She had been somewhat awake since 4 when she heard Sy and I. I threatened her life and her offspring if she didn't go back to bed...that didn't work. So I told her if she went back to sleep I would give her chocolate when she woke up. That worked. parenting skills go flyin out the window when you have no sleep. Sofia falls asleep, Silas is now asleep, so now I begin to drift around 6:45 when Caden bounces down stares announcing that he has puked everywhere and peed his pants. I quietly deal with this mini crisis, get him calmed down and back to sleep and go back to bed around 7:30. Silas wakes at 8:15; Sofia is pulling my eyelids by 8:30 asking for chocolate. Life is good. I just need a 4th to really add something to my life. I really just have to much bliss ya know?????

No comments: