Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Statue of Liberty and stupid coffee makers

Some of you may be wondering what the two have in common. Let me tell you, they both can be found right here in my very own homey- home- home. First the Statue of Liberty. Recently my husband, while brushing his teeth, noticed that we have an image....a priceless image.... on our very own bathroom sink that resembles her. No, not Mary....the statue of Liberty. At first it was like those black and white images that you get forwarded to you in emails that take like 10 seconds for your eyes to adjust and see. I stared at the area he was referring to and I just couldn't see it. THEN---my eyes focused and I found her...in all her glory....outlined in a delicate stencil like sketch on my hideous bathroom sink. She seemed to be shaded into the very fake essence of white marbling, in our tacky but functional, pink counter top. Pink and white marbling...what the heck is that about anyways....???? I thought about the piece of toast that went for thousands on eBay that had Mary's image. I thought about the wine glass that had the face of Jesus on it that made it on the nightly news. I thought about the gum that Brittney Spears chewed that sold for mucho dineros on eBay. And then, I thought long and hard about our sink. Hhmm... could I manage to sale it ?? What are images of that Statue of Liberty going for these days ya' reckon? So if you squint long and hard maybe, perhaps, you can see her also. Any bidders??????

Secondly, there is the issue these days of my coffee maker. We have gone round and round and round trying to find a decent one. One that is consistent. One that brews HOT, clean, fresh tasting coffee. One that doesn't sputter, leak, and scream. We found one that we thought would be a cure to the burnt coffee problem. It brews one or two to go cups at a time. BUT....that really stinks when you have company. We keep forgetting to tell everyone to bring their to go mugs. It does have a filter, so the taste is a bit better. BUT, the thing about this coffee maker that drives me nuts is the one mug or two mug switch. It's the topper that tips this maker to the poopy pile with all the others for sure. On Sundays we click the switch to 2 cups; were both home; we both want coffee at the same time. Life is good...two cups to go. Then Monday comes, I want one cup. I forget the switchy bc 5 or 6 days a week I don't switchy the switch. I push "on" and walk and way returning minutes later to the entire counter top flooded with coffee. Two cups in one cup doesn't work. Blasted coffee makers. I just want my daily Dunk---from Dunks.

No comments: