Tuesday, September 25, 2007

retainers




Randomness...So I decided, I think, that it's rather important to listen to the dentist. I have had my braces...(yes, I'm 30) off for 6 days and I am already breaking the rules. See, they kinda mentioned something about 24 hours a day with this plastic, temporary THING of a retainer. It's a pain and I accidentally on purpose forgot to put it back in during my rush to get out the door today. You have to take the retainer out for hot things ie: coffee and soups and such. Mine is promptly removed the moment that first cup of sanity is brewed and today it just didn't make it's way back in. So, I had it out all day long and could barely get the stupid thing back in...like it already didn't fit. My teeth were moving!! Can you believe it...that the suckers would have shifted just like that???? I had to laugh and think that my teeth were sayin', "Were free to go back!! Hurry everyone! Dont waste a moment! Move now while we have the chance!"
... I bet in some religions they DO think teeth can talk...but not in mine so anyway, now I think my teeth are crooked again. Do you think they look crooked again? Im totally paranoid about permanent crookedness because of my neglectfull rebellious behavior today. So as a way to introduce my lovely blog and myself, heres a great pic of me at midnight with my used-to-be perfectly straight, now flawed teeth in full bloom. I will be sure to properly introduce myself and the crew later, when I'm not so distraught:>:>.
Welcome to my crib.

2 comments:

Libbydale said...

I like it! Cool. You'll have some entertaining stories for us I know. But were you really up to 2 AM? You must live on that fresh-brewed. How do you do it? So I'll add you to my Friends & Favs list on my blog, but ya know now I'll be up every night a whole 5 minutes longer because of you--adding to "my blog's to check every day" list. And your teeth look fine. Hope you don't get a headache trying to get that retainer back on though! I remember all the wonderful pain associated with the wonder of braces, lip bumpers and retainers. Every once in a while my Mom will ask me if I "pop mine back in once in a while" like I was told. Ah, no.
Looking forward to more blogs from you, girl!

Anonymous said...

Could you imagine the horror on my face as we were gliding across the lake in our boat and I hung over the side and my retainer popped out. I like reached for it as life went into slow motion ... I screamed and grabbed out for it as tears started to form and time just stood still. And it was gone.
Mommy was not happy.