Friday, September 28, 2007

Momments

So tonight it happened...it's deffinatley not the first time, and it seems to be happening more. I call it momja vu. It's kinda like deja vu but instead of a momment of odd recall, it's mom recall. You know the momment, your frustration boils over with your kids and out of your mouth bubbles some word, or sayin', or threat of some kind that you heard your mom say and you swore YOU would NEVER repeat. My momja vu momment happened at a mexican resturant tonight. The evening was great, me and the hubby and free dinner vouchers-YEAH. I ate till I thought I'd pop and didnt quit finish all my yummies. SSOOO (here it comes) I asked for a dogie bag. Now to most of you normal folk this isn't that big of a deal, no oddity it taking home the left overs on your plate. BUT for my mom (and now me;>) it means "how much can we stuff into the little white Styrofoam box before it bust?" AND then convince the husband to carry it out to the car. This usually includes everything still edible on the table. Richie is watching me casually dump my leftovers then I reach for his plate and he kinda makes a face but doesn't stop while I scrape. The waitress nabbed the other plate (dang it) with the 2 tablespoons of rice and beans I was going after. I did manage 1 jalapeno popper from our appetizers and then the left over chips...and salsa...and a lime. At this point, dear hubby is verbalizing his concerns and so I did leave the splenda... this time. Ya know, theres always a complainer at the table but what I have found to be true is that SOMEbodies gonna eat it. It gets consumed and that just means one last tummy grumbling that I have to take care of. I promise I am maternal in many other ways....just not the kitchen kind of way. Left overs, take out...it's all the same. I giggled because I've seen this scene before. Hey, "waste not want not", right Mom???? So theres my momjavu.

1 comment:

Plastic said...

I remember a time when knives and salt and pepper shakers went with us too