Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The differences between a boy and a girl.

A few weeks ago I went to visit a friend who will remain nameless. This friend has 3 adorable boys, 2 with cute strawberry blond hair. The 3rd was born just a few weeks ago. Hint Hint....
BUT this friend will remain nameless.
So, Caden and his 4 year old buddy act like they are trying out for WWF ( I know it's not called that now??:>) or something along those lines. They wrestle constantly sometimes requiring a little referring from the folks. All the while loving it and not complaining one bit about what I'm sure has to be occasionally painful. I'm sure everyone at our church who has witnessed this exchange between the two boys thinks they are really fighting and that we as Mom's spectating the event are nut's. I assure you we think their crazy also, but have been told over and over by them they're " just having fun". Boys will be boys is all I have to say. Glad they have found one another.
Well, this activity is worthy of blogging bc of what it almost became two weeks ago we were stopping in to say "Hi.". The boys started in right away. They were flinging one another all over the place with huge grins on their faces. Sofia and the younger brother embraced and ran to the "safe zone" are of the yard and played. At one point I noticed that Sofia appeared to be stuck in the baby swing seat so I ventured out to assist her. Well, as I approached the kids I overheard the grunts, giggles, and threats being muttered from the two wrestlers. Sofia was in the back ground whining to get help and saying over and over "I'm stuck." in a very dramatic helpless voice. I hear Z--h (nameless remember?) say to Caden, "Your gonna get it! It's gonna smush all over you." Caden then says; "nu-hu, your gonna get it and smell really bad." Z: "Whoever gets thrown into the poop first looses." Caden: "Yeah, whoever throws the other into the poop wins." Z: "Yeah, I'm gonna win." ME: "WHAT???????????, WHAT are you two talking about?" I redirect my steps to where they are wrestling forgetting about Sofia. Then overhearing the fear in my voice, Sofia magically gets herself out of her predicament and heads over to investigate what the two are doing. I holler, while trying not to show my amusement, for them to stop. They are literally inches away from a HUGE pile of German Sheppard poop. I ask again what are they doing and together they state the obvious. "Were trying to push each other in the dogs poop." Me: "Why??????" Them: still wrestling, "it's funny." ME: "NO it is not funny and you both need to stop right now." Surprisingly they do. We all stand there for and moment. Sofia says "eeewwweee, you're Gross, that's disgusting." I thought to myself how different boys and girls are and that Sofia would never enjoy wrestling in poop. Then, without warning, SOFIA stomps here little bitty feminine foot into the huge pile of poop and laughs. Caden and Z laugh and run off with Sofia applauding her behavior. So much for what I know about the differences between a boy, a girl, and dog poop.

1 comment:

cheese said...

glad to see our dog's HUGE poop made it onto your blog! grody to the max
-nameless