Friday, October 5, 2007

deep thoughts by Caden


Last night driving home Caden busted out with the spiritual questions. This is when I am very thankful that my husband has a minor in Bible and I have a major in BS ... no haha just joking. Well about the major in BS line. Bible is not something you BS about. Especially when it's Cado. My monster man has such a desire to learn all things and to understand them on a deep level. Quick answers will not suffice. He asked, "Why hasn't anyone ever seen God?", "What does God look like?", "What is free will?", "Why does Satan hate God?", "Why did God give us the choice to sin or not?", "Why doesn't the Bible tell us more about Cain and Abel?", "Before God created everything, what was there?", "How do I hear God?". Then, after much honest discussion, he decides to state an obviously male slanted perspective on everything. He says, "Well, I think it's all Eve's fault and Adam shouldn't have been blamed because Eve convinced him to disobey." We got a big chuckle out of that one. Isn't it funny that blame doesn't have to be taught? Often our answers came back to us trying to explain what we believed as theory and what we knew as fact. Caden summed up his thoughts and said, " Momma, it just takes a bunch of FAITH!" My heart smiled and I asked him what faith meant to him and he replied, "well, it's kinda like airplanes. I know that they need super powerful engines and wings but I really don't know how they work, I just know they fly. That's how God is." I love that at 6 years old, a soul can work out it's salvation. I love that questions do not always have a black and white answer and that I can trust the Holy Spirit to clarify my children's many shades of gray. I love that I have been given the opportunity to encourage my very own personal person, entrusted to foster the development of a soul. There is a simplicity in their world that I am envious of. There is daily a quite lesson IN them for us, bigger than the trying of our patience and will. It's captured only in brief moments. I hope their moments I don't miss. My children's relationship with my Lord is amazing to watch unfold. I am a waste no time, shred the paper, rip right into my gifts kind of girl, but this...THIS is a present that is so sweet, I pray it takes my whole life to open.

No comments: