Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hot Dog Wienies and Future Plans.

Whew...what a blur the past few weeks have been. Lots of excuses as to why I haven't blogged but none that are too beyond the obvious. I am a Mother. I have 3 kids. I am homeschooling. Enough said. Throw in the fact that over the past two weeks we had a wedding to attend, I had a women's conference to help with, and we are browsing the housing market. Chaos. Lots of it. Just the way I like it. Richie's younger sister got married and Sofia was in the wedding. She was Sofia...(grin), and she was beautiful. She decided she didn't want to participate half way down the walkway. She decided that for the pictures she was going to growl "like a lion" at the photographer. She also decided to climb a tree in her pretty dress outside the reception hall with her brother.

So what else has happened worth notation????
The kids list of things they want to be when they grow up are hot of the press for your viewing pleasure. Here they are in a very particular order.
Caden says:(You must picture his serious face bc this was a very serious discussion.)
#1. I want to be an Army man.
Then second (2 fingers) I want to be a Professional Hockey player
3rd, A Pastor that preaches the Gospel.
and then #4 (4 fingers) I will return back to Hockey because that's where you make all the money.
He rattled these off and was very clear--no waffling on any of the 4 listed choices.
Sofia: (Puts on a serious face as well bc she now senses the importance of this discussion we were having. With her hand on her hip and her hand in the air for counting purposes.)
#1. (1 finger in the air) I want to open a puppy store.
#3. (two fingers in the air) I want to work on the roads with big trucks.
Me: Huh??? Sofia: I want to build the roads with big machines.
Me: You mean road construction workers? Sofia: Yes.
Sofia continues:
#3. (3 fingers in the air) I want dig with a excavator.
#4. (still 3 fingers) I want to drive a choo-choo train.
#6. (no fingers...Caden is now grinning.) I want to own a toy store that gives away toys.
#3 ( she pauses to calculate the fingers and holds up all 5) I want to work at an apple orchard.
#4. (3 fingers) I want to own a flower shop.
#4. I then want a candy shop. And that's all mom.

Ya know, I am all about really encouraging my children to set realistic, attainable, life enhancing goals. HA HAHA HA. So glad that they are still at the age that life is all about dreaming and capabilities. To them, the forecast for their future is joy. It's all about the enjoyment of life. They simply overlook road blocks and cant quite grasp the idea of limitations. The optimism of a child is so refreshing. They have a way of simplifying the most complex things. For example. Caden this week posed this question--"Mom, are hot dog wienies called wienies bc there like wienies?" Of course, I just took another sip of my coffee.

2 comments:

Libbydale said...

Your kids are just too classic.
Playing catch-up here as I've just been off-line practically the last two weeks.

Libby

Anonymous said...

Well written article.